Wednesday, October 16, 2013

New Tube Amp Acquisition

Been almost a year since I've posted on here. Oops. Anyway, I picked up a cool little "Lafayette" tube amp off of craigslist. Looks like a rebranded Univox 202R with some differences. For one, there's no reverb, just tremolo. They both run on 6973 power tubes, but the layout is a bit different inside the chassis as well. When I got it, it had a low and distorted output, so it needed some work. I ordered new power tubes as well as replacement filter supply caps in the hopes of it being a relatively quick fix. Here's to hoping. Below is an album of pictures I took before I started cleaning it up.

1 comment:

  1. I just found this amp at a garage sale. Now that you fixed it is it still worth it because mine needs work. Any response would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete